Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The State of The College Football Union Address


Hello everyone and welcome. I am a first time blogger and you will know me all as "Big D." I am writing a sports blog with a focus on college football. My blog will consist of highlights from the previous weekend of college football games as well as a focal point toward gearing up for the upcoming weekend slate of games. This blog will provide readers with a viewpoint on notable games, the Heisman race, star players, key injuries, teams on the rise and decline, upsets, and the mess that is known as the Bowl Championship Series.  

I have chosen to write about college football for a few different reasons. I really enjoy reading and writing sports columns, so I thought to myself why don’t I write a blog about college football. First of all I am an avid football fan who truly enjoys the true nature of the sport. The sport greatly intrigues me because unlike the NFL, student athletes play for the love of the game, not for a paycheck. I am interested in getting more in depth with the sport so I will stress this through statistics, top 25 polls, and stories from around the college football universe. 

Now you are probably asking yourself what makes this anonymous person qualified to write about college football in general. Like I said earlier, I am an avid football fan and I attend football games regularly. I am currently attending a school in the Big Ten Conference, meaning I get to watch top-notch football programs play week in and week out. This gives me an added perspective on college football compared to just your regular fan, who just watches the games on the tube. I also watch programs such as “Sportscenter” and “College Football Live” daily to keep me up to date on the latest breaking news. This is why I feel I am qualified to write on such a broad topic. Please feel free to leave any comments.

“Big D” 

No comments: